Create a Fundraising Page for Your Project and Start Collecting Donations.
Plus, Donors Receive Tax Deductions for Their Contributions!
*Fiscal Sponsorship is required.
From the Heart Productions, a 501(c)3 non-profit, has partnered with TurnerDesk to provide fiscally sponsored independent filmmakers with a fundraising platform to increase donations to their projects.
We call it Fund My Film and it’s a fantastic showcase for your documentary, feature film, short film, web series, or other project that allows you to easily collect donations.
Benefits of Using the “Fund My Film” Platform:
- You can set up and customize your own project page. You can add video, pictures, call to actions, a description and info about the filmmakers.
- Use the provided page template and edit your content using a front-end visual builder. Point, click, copy, paste, drag and drop, plus more easy ways to get your page set up quickly.
- Each page has its own unique web address that you can send out to donors as well as include in emails and outreach efforts.
- Your donors can pay all your fees. At the time of completing their donation, donors will have the option to pay your fees for fiscal sponsorship, Fund My Film, and credit card fees. Over 50% of donors chose this option on similar fundraising platforms.
- If a donor chooses to share his or her donation details, those details will be published on your page, so a list of your most recent donations are displayed.
- A running total of how much your project has raised to date can be added to your page.
- Pages are optimized for mobile.
- And more.
Example Fundraising Page on Fund My Film
How to Create Your Fundraising Page on Fund My Film
Follow the steps below to complete your fundraising page:
STEP 1: Apply for Fiscal Sponsorship. Fiscal Sponsorship for your project is required before your fundraising page can be published. Your application and signed contract must be on file with us before we can approve your page.
STEP 2: Read the fundraising page Setup Instructions (IMPORTANT). Please do not proceed until you have read the instructions completely and watched the video demos.
STEP 3: Create your fundraising page.
STEP 4: Submit your page to us for approval. Administration at From The Heart will be notified automatically after you click Submit. Someone will review the page quickly, offer suggestions if needed, and then, as long as your Fiscal Sponsorship Application and signed Contract have been received and processed, your fundraising page will be approved. You can start raising money immediately.
STEP 5: Share your page. You will receive an email notification that your page was approved. You can now start accepting donations. The email notification will include the page’s URL, along with instructions to create a “Donate” button on your website, emails, or other marketing materials. The Donate button should link to your fundraising page.
- If you get stuck in the fundraising page setup process, please refer back to the page Setup Instructions before emailing us. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions are included in the instructions.
- Once your page is created, if you need to make edits, sign in to your Fund My Film account, select your page/project, make your edits, and click “Save” (or “Save Draft”).
Already Have Fiscal Sponsorship with From the Heart?
Then you can get started right away below.
Payments are issued via check every two weeks.
Project donations received from the 1st through the 15th are paid by the 23rd of the month.
Project donations received from the 15th through the end of the month are paid by the 8th of the next month.
Payments include your total donations collected for that period minus the applicable fees*.
*Fees = 7%
Our fee is 7% to the filmmaker, but we ask for 10% from the donor, which they have the option of covering at checkout—the 3% helps cover our payments to you for the cost of the platform.
Fees cover Fiscal Sponsorship, the Fund My Film platform, and credit card processing fees, as well as accounting and project/page support services.